Tuesday

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a restful long weekend!

This morning we went to library and after snack we spent a little bit of time playing outside enjoying the fresh air. Students are used to having gym in the morning time and not such a long work period so I felt this would help break up our morning a bit and is in lieu of afternoon recess.

During work period, students were working on spelling, writing, days and months math, and shape math. For writing, students could choose between writing a weekend journal or responding to the writing prompt.... "My parents told me when I get home they have a BIG surprise for me. I really hope the surprise is..." We will be editing our writing tomorrow. Grade 1s were working with pentagons and Grade 2s were working with triangular prisms.

Blue Words: cold, card, cake, cook, candle, carrot, castle, cowboy (hard C sound)
Green Words: fixed, played, enjoyed, watched, walked, wanted, needed, showed ("ed" words)

In the afternoon we had guest reader and enjoyed our second swimming time. Students have been doing a great job remembering the expectations for swimming. Thank you so much to our volunteers that have been helping out. It makes a big difference having you there! If you plan on taking your child straight home from the Trico Centre this Thursday, please send me an email. I will be away on Thursday afternoon and would like to leave this information for Miss Chalouh. 

We have chosen not to do a Character Word of the Week this week as there are only 4 days of school and 2 of those days we are swimming and will be gone until the very end of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 5-8

December 11-15

First Days