Thursday

Hello everyone!

Yesterday we got started on our community project! Students took a look at the 4 landscapes and discussed the following questions with their groups:
What do you notice?
What is special about the land?
What would be good about living there? bad?
What resources would you have?
Where have you seen a landscape like this before? 

We will continue our work next week! Here are some photos of the landscape (not the straightest photos I've ever taken...)





I've decided that we need a little extra practice with our math facts, and because Thursdays allow us to have a little more work period time, we are going to have our extra practice on Thursdays. Students either chose to practice adding numbers to 20 (horizontally and vertically) or adding numbers to 100 (without regrouping). I've been introducing some fun math games that we can play as a class and that students can do in a small group during their responsible work choice time. Today, students also did some writing based on an image (similar to the story Jack and the Bean Stalk) or they could write about the best place to live. This afternoon we enjoyed watching the One World Drumming sharing from half of our school. We will have our chance to share next Friday sometime after 9:30am - I will keep you posted when I find out the specific time. Seating will be limited as the rest of the school will be watching, and parents from several families are invited.

Don't forget that tomorrow is a PD day!

I feel like we have a lot going on in March and April so I wrote it all down on a calendar for me and the students to reference, so I thought I would share it with families as well! I will post an updated picture if there are any changes.


Have a nice weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 5-8

December 11-15

First Days