Friday

Hi everyone!

This  morning we had daily 5 literacy time and PE. In PE we played Not in my Yard with bowling pins. We then practiced our weekly words, and finished up the Alberta section of our maps. If students were finished these two things, they used their greater than/less than alligators with materials.

We then enjoyed some free choice time with our big buddies. Mrs. Kawchuk was in our class for the last bit of the day as I was trying to help out with some technology needs in the school. We had our second snack and that was it!! Fridays are so quick!

Don't forget to return library books for Monday's library time! 

Next week is a 4 day week - please remember there is no school on Friday, December 7th!

Clay for Kids
On Wednesday, January 30th we will have Clay for Kids visiting the classroom. The program will run from 9:00-11:30am. We will need some volunteers so if you are available and have a police clearance with LBS please let me know! I figured it would be good to start organizing this before the winter break!


Yesterday evening I went to a class about mindfulness for teachers which was very interesting. I tried out some of the exercises with students today. At the end of the gym we tried an activity and many students said they felt so relaxed and calm and I have never heard the gym so quiet before! There were a few friendship issues going on today as well so I shared with the class another exercise I learned. We talked about the idea that you can't poor from an empty cup and that you need to show love to yourself and other people and sometimes it can be hard to show some people love. The more we do that, the easier it will get! I encouraged them to try sending love to the person they are frustrated with next time. I was blown away at the connections they made! Several students made the connection to the idea of "bucket filling" from the story "Have you filled a bucket today?" They talked about how when you fill someone else's bucket, or send them positive and loving thoughts, it fills your own bucket too. What sweet kids! They asked if I find it hard to send love to certain students and were very surprised to hear that I find it easy. I told them that even when you drive me crazy and I seem upset I never have trouble sending love to my class! I'm going into the weekend feeling pretty awesome so hopefully they are too! Hopefully this is a good reminder to parents too - do something nice for yourselves this weekend 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 5-8

December 11-15

First Days