Thursday

Hello families!

This morning, the form for Art Felt Studios was sent to you via School Messenger. Please let me know if you are not signed up for School Messenger and did not receive it. 

This morning we started talking about seasonal changes. We read the story "Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter," and part of the book "Nature's Day." This book is one of my favourites - it is so beautiful and teaches us a lot about things that happen when the seasons change. I brought it home last night and it turns out my cat, Nora, is also a big fan.




We also watched this great video about why we have 4 seasons. I thought it did a good job of explaining for a young audience. I also attempted to demonstrate using our classroom globe - they seemed to be pretty mind blown. During work period, students practiced their Weekly Words and were responding to the question: How do you know winter is coming? by considering changes they see with animals, people, the outdoors, and in their communities. Students will be sharing this work on Seesaw tomorrow.

(I don't even watch the show, but couldn't resist.) 

In the afternoon, we had daily 5 literacy and watched these 2 videos about animal adaptations in winter: 
We had a little bit of trouble with listening today and only earned 1 pom-pom 😞 Hopefully tomorrow will be a little calmer. We had a few minutes at the end of the day so I thought it would be fun to play a game of Hangman (or in this case - just "man") 😏


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 5-8

December 11-15

First Days