Monday

Hello families,

This morning we started with our question of the day: What does it feel like when someone is kind to you? Prepare to be blown away by these responses.... (this was all from them with no guidance from me!)

- it feels like they want to be your friend
- it makes you want to be kind back
- it makes you want to pass kindness on to someone else
- it makes you want to play with them
- it makes me feel like I am important to them
- it makes me feel like me
- it makes me feel warm inside
- it makes me feel special
- it makes me feel like I am going to have a better day
- it makes me feel like everyone likes me
- it makes me feel like I'm on the beach
- it makes me feel comfortable
- it makes me feel awesome
- it makes me feel embarrassed (like if your crush says something nice to you!)
- sometimes when someone is really, really kind to me, it makes me feel like saying "thank you" isn't enough

Can you believe it! What thoughtful answers!

We then went to library and we chose words from the "-orn" family for our Weekly Words. We also had guest reader and in PE we played "Not in my Yard."


In the afternoon, we continued with some more work time since we didn't have enough in the morning and skipped literacy groups for today. We started with our new math groups which I'm hoping to do 2-3 times per week. We then got into partners and listed 10 words that come to mind when you think of kindness or Pink Shirt Day. I then took these words and created some word art (what use to be Wordle!) which I will show them tomorrow.


Alien In-Line Skating 
A blue form came home today about Alien In-Line skating. This form must be signed and returned by Monday, March 4th for your child to participate. We are scheduled to be skating on March 6, 8 and 13. It is suggested that you bring your own helmets from home if possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 2-6

December 11-15

November 6-9